Sunday, October 14, 2012

Welcome


Hi, my name is Kristen.

I am a recovering love addict, Pharisee, and codependent who also happens to be a restored and redeemed daughter of the Sovereign Lord.  I am a Korean born, American adopted female by Minnesotan White people.  

What I have to offer you is simply this; nothing more and nothing less:

My authentic-self.  With all its hang-ups and treasures, I'm sure you'll find it interesting and hopefully you'll even be able to relate to parts of it.

I've created this new blog I'm calling, "Perfectly Misplaced" because my life is summed up in those two words, placed together.

"Misplaced" is representative of my life because it speaks to how I've felt pretty much all throughout it.  Recently, I'm seeing that though I don't know for certain if or what exact parts of my life's events were orchestrated by God, and what wasn't...He is able to make all things work for good, to His glory, in a perfect (hence the "Perfectly") way, even especially the parts where they seem so misplaced that nothing good could come out of it.  God is a skillful Master Artist and can make beautiful and useful things out of chaos.  Chaos doesn't intimidate Him.

Thanks for coming here to visit.  I hope you feel at home here.  In particular, I hope you'll feel more at home in your own skin, as a side-effect of hanging around here for any length of time.  Because that's something which is starting to finally come to me, slowly but surely, as a result of much wrestling with what is and what has been, in this broken sinner who lives in a broken world, who's in the process of redemption, real-time.

Enjoy what is to come...I'm not even entirely sure what that is yet myself...