Friday, April 5, 2013

Certainty Doesn't Equal Peace

Certainty can be deceiving - especially when I'm forcing myself to feel certain when I'm not.

It's not in certainty that I find peace - it's in surrender, while feeling uncertain.

Admitting when I'm not absolutely certain of my own thoughts and feelings - I'm still able to be decisive because the outcome isn't in my hands.  It's in God's.  I can never be certain about outcomes.  I can only be certain that no matter the outcome - I will be OK, because I'm trusting God - not my certainty.


"Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. This is what the ancients were commended for" ...
- Hebrews 11:1-2

"All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance, admitting that they were foreigners and strangers on earth." 
- Hebrews 11:13

"These were all commended for their faith, yet none of them received what had been promised, since God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect." 
- Hebrews 11:39-40